Audio Technica AT2020 Condenser Microphone
- The price/performance standard in side-address studio condenser microphone technology
- Ideal for project/home-studio applications
- High SPL handling and wide dynamic range provide unmatched versatility
- Custom-engineered low-mass diaphragm provides extended frequency response and superior transient response
- Cardioid polar pattern reduces pickup of sounds from the sides and rear, improving isolation of desired sound source
- Pivoting, threaded stand mount attaches securely for easy and precise placement of the microphone
- Element: Fixed-charge back plate, permanently polarized condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 20 - 20,000 Hz
- Open Circuit Sensitivity: -37 dB (14.1 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- Maximum Input Sound Level: 144 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
- Dynamic Range: 124 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 74 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- Phantom Power Requirements: 48V DC, 2 mA typical
- Weight: 345g
- Dimensions: 6.38" (162.0 mm) long, 2.05" (52.0 mm) maximum body diameter
- Output Connector: Integral 3-pin XLRM-type
- Accessories Included: Stand mount for 5/8"-27 threaded stands; 5/8"-27 to 3/8"-16 threaded adapter; soft protective pouch
- Standard 1 year warranty
Bringing to you the Audio Technica AT2020 Condenser Microphone, giving you professional quality recording sound using cardioid polar pattern for improved isolation of sound source. Perfect for project and home studio installations that podcasters, musicians and vocalists will love, and at a great price
This is the AT2020, the iconic and critically acclaimed cardioid condenser microphone that brought affordable, professional quality into the homes and home-studios of podcasters, musicians and voiceover artists alike. Engineered for crisp detail, the critically acclaimed AT2020 redefined budget-friendly technology and has been a firm favourite amongst creators for 15 years.
A Condenser microphone such as the AT2020 contains a delicate diaphragm that captures the vibrations of the sounds you’re wanting to record. This diaphragm is so delicate that it requires powering through the XLR cable*, ensuring every aspect of your instrument or voice is captured in crisp detail.
Audio-Technica cardioid microphones have heart — figuratively and literally — thanks to the shape of the sound capture area. Cardioid microphones capture what’s in front of them in a rough heart shape, from the pinnacle of sound capture at the front of the microphone to the graduated capture off to the sides. This cardioid pattern improves isolation of any desired sound source for rich and accurate recording.
*XLR cable sold separately.
Developed from over half a century of Japanese audio engineering, the AT2020 has been created to bring professional-level audio capturing to anyone wanting to explore the world of sound recording. Whether it’s voiceovers, podcasting, singing vocals or live instrument recording, the A2020 is the critically acclaimed and iconic cardioid condenser designed around you — and your budget.