Tannoy 601P Passive Studio Monitors
Here we have a great sounding pair of Tannoy 601P Passive Studio Monitors that have come to us via part exchange, are in great condition and include a 3 month warranty.
Whether you're looking to equip your studio with an industry standard reference monitor without the excessive price tag, or you need an passve monitor with a small footprint, the Reveal 601P offers the perfect solution. Built to the same superior standard as the rest of the new Reveal range, the Reveal 601P packs performance, accuracy and value into a compact enclosure. Priced competitively with the serious home or project studio setup in mind, the all new Reveal 601P delivers a wide bandwidth performance that will impress even the most seasoned pro.
Ahead of the Curve:
The sculpted curved edges of the new Reveal's front baffle help to eliminate unwanted diffraction caused when sound dispersed from the sides of the cabinet is scattered back into the near field causing interference and phase distortion. By carefully smoothing off these edges, this unwanted diffraction is significantly reduced, delivering critical improvements to frequency response and crystal clear imaging, even when off-axis.
Optimised Tweeter Design:
In the pursuit of achieving a wide and even nearfield monitoring "sweet spot", delivering accurate and highly controlled high frequencies is critical. The new Reveals feature a brand new tweeter design comprising of soft dome HF driver coupled to an elliptical waveguide that has been optimised to provide very controlled high frequency directivity and minimise diffraction, providing a wide and consistent listening field.
Most studio monitors feature bass ports on the rear of their cabinet. This type of design leads to an inherent problem called bass-coupling whereby low frequencies are amplified when the monitors are located close to room boundaries, leading to coloured and inaccurate mix results. The new Reveals feature front-firing reflex bass ports however, to allow for ideal positioning even within small or confined studio spaces, while still providing defined bass performance.
- Latest evolution of the original passive Reveal high definition reference monitor
- 6.5" (130mm) LF/MF driver and 1" (30mm) soft dome tweeter delivering wide frequency response of 60Hz - 30kHz
- Sculpted and rigid front baffle design to minimise diffraction
- Response has been optimised for quarter space near-field operation
- Front firing reflex bass port to negate boundary-coupling
- 50-100W RMS Recommended Amp Power
- Bass unit development using to minimise offsets and linearise the suspension components.
- Wideband tweeter design extending the amplitude response beyond 20kHz audibility to 30kHz to improve the phase response from within the audible band
- HF trim switch for custom room adjustment
- Balanced XLR and unbalanced jack connectors
- Frequency Response (-3dB):* 63Hz - 30kHz
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 50 - 100W RMS into 8 Ohms
- Power Handling*: Average 50W PMS, Programme 100W
- Nominal Impedance: 8 Ohms
- Sensitivity SPL/ 1W @ 1m*: 89dB
- Distortion: <0.6
- Crossover Frequency: 2.3kHz
- Dispersion: XLR balanced & unbalanced, Jack 10 kOhms
- Drive Unit LF/ Mid: 165mm (6") multi fibre pulp paper cone
- Drive Unit HF: 25mm (1") soft dome with neodymium magnet system
- Magnetic Shielding: No
- Low Frequency Alignment: Optimised Front Reflex Loaded
- Cabinet Construction: MDF Cabinet with injection moulded front baffle
- Cabinet Finish: Black Fine Texture
- Cabinet Dimensions:
- Height: 340mm (11.8")
- Width: 210mm (7.2")
- Depth: 272mm (9.3")
- Cabinet Weight: 5.9kg (13.0lbs)
- Shipping Dimensions:
- Height: 466mm (18.4")
- Width: 302mm (11.9")
- Depth: 366mm (14.4")
- Shipping Weight: 6.9 kg (15.2 lbs)
*(Frequency Response: +/- 3dB measured at 1m in an anechoic chamber)
*(Power Handling: Long term power handling capacity as defined in EIA standard RS426A.)
*(Sensitivity: Averaged over specified bandwidth for half space environment.)
There are currently no reviews for this product.
Be the first the write a review.