Roland DJ-202 DJ Controller
- Two-channel, four-deck controller for Serato Lite
- Large platters with the lowest available latency, optimized for scratching
- Built-in drum kits from Roland's legendary TR-808, TR-909, TR-606*, and TR-707*, realized with advanced ACB (Analog Circuit Behavior) technology
- Eight sounds in each TR kit: Bass Drum, Snare Drum, Closed Hat, Open Hat, Tom, Rim, Clap, and Ride
- Onboard sequencer that controls Serato DJ Lite sampler for on-the-fly beat creation
- Independent sampler volume control
- Eight dedicated pads with Hot Cue, Loop, Sequencer, and Sampler modes for controlling Serato DJ Lite or Serato DJ software
- MIDI output for synchronizing external devices with tracks in Serato DJ Lite
- Mic input with gate, hi-pass, reverb, and echo FX
- 24-bit/48 kHz audio fidelity with high-resolution digital-to-analog converters
- Compact, rugged, and lightweight design with easy-grab handles for optimal portability
- Connect straight to your speakers or amplifier via RCA stereo outputs
- USB powered for simple connectivity
- Serato DJ Lite included; Serato DJ Upgrade Ready
- Use Serato DJ Lite to organize and build music libraries or integrate songs from iTunes-just drag a track to the deck, set and trigger cues, loops, and samples, and apply basic Fx
The Roland DJ-202 is a 2-channel DJ Controller that is integrated with Serato DJ Intro and includes all the features and specs you would expect from a professional DJ controller but in a compact and portable size. It's an excellent controller for DJ's who play at mobile discos, house parties, bars, clubs and many other places as it's easy to transport and still has the professional features that are included with the Roland DJ-808 and Roland DJ-505. With its large, low-latency platters, dedicated pad and transport controls, onboard sequencer, and mic input with professional vocal FX, the DJ-202 packs in the most features of any controller in its class.
*TR-606 and TR-707 sounds will be added in a future user-installable firmware update.
Superior Portability for Discerning DJs
The DJ-202 is a two-channel, four-deck controller that's powered via USB and capable of being transported and set up with minimal effort. Its compact, lightweight design and easy-grab handles allow DJs the portability they need for all types of events-mobile applications, house parties, club rocking, beat battles, and more. The intuitive layout of the DJ-202 and its plug-and-play connectivity will have you DJing in no time at all. And with 24-bit/48 kHz fidelity and Roland's high-resolution audio hardware, your performances will sound amazing on any sound system.
Mixing and Scratching
Scratch and cue with confidence using the DJ-202's large, low-latency platters, which are the absolute best in its class. Dedicated Serato DJ Intro controls allow quick creation and triggering of hot cues, loops, and samples, plus switching between four decks with the Deck Select button. Use the channel filters or Serato FX (accessible via three FX Select buttons per deck) to finesse blends or accentuate scratches. And with dedicated Play/Pause and Cue buttons, you have the same direct control found on high-end controllers and standalone audio players.
Remix, Produce, Perform
Use the TR drums or your own sounds loaded into Serato Sampler's four sample slots (with individual sampler volume control) to create the foundation for remixes, beats, and live performances. Program them using the DJ-202's 16-step sequencer-accessible via the performance pads-and then sync them automatically to your Serato library to create unique transitions, live remixes, or beefed-up classic tracks. Engage Inst-Rec mode for on-the-fly, real-time Serato Sampler sequencing, or use the MIDI output to fluidly sync any MIDI-supported external devices and instruments to your sequencer and Serato DJ Intro. For expanded production capability, upgrade to Serato DJ to access 32 sync-able sampler slots over four banks, the full collection of iZotope FX, software recording capabilities, and more.
The Roland Drum Machine Legacy in a DJ Controller
From the TR-909's unmistakable hi-hats to the foundation-shaking boom of the TR-808, Roland TR drum machines have defined the sound of entire genres of modern music, from hip-hop, house, techno, and electro in the '80s and '90s right up to the trap music sound of today. Using Roland's patented ACB (Analog Circuit Behavior) technology, the DJ-202 faithfully recreates the original sound of these machines, giving you the tools to create rhythm tracks using the same sound palette as the world's foremost musical icons. The DJ-202's expanded TR sounds include Bass Drum, Snare Drum, Closed Hat, Open Hat, Tom, Rim, Clap, and Ride, providing a wide range of options to create layered drum sounds and evolving sequences.
Bring Vocals to Life
Add new life to your DJ voice, radio drops, guest vocals, or external instruments via the 1/4-inch TS mic input with onboard reverb and echo FX. Additional vocal effects include low-cut EQ to refine the sound and a noise gate to automatically clean up sound issues and unwanted background noise.
Here we have the Roland DJ-202 DJ Controller in brand new condition and in B-Stock. The B-Stock versions would have been on display only and will come boxed in excellent cosmetic condition with the USB lead, manual, original box and a 1-year warranty.
- Signal processing: Sampling Frequency: 48 kHz
- Nominal input level: MIC IN (1/4-inch phone type): -60 dBu
- Nominal output level: MASTER OUT: 2.0 Vrms
- Input impedance: MIC IN (Combo type): 7 k ohms or greater
- Output impedance: MASTER OUT: 1 k ohm / PHONES: 22 ohms
- Frequency response: 48.0 kHz: 20 Hz-22 kHz (+0/-2 dB)
- Power supply: USB bus power
- Current draw: 500 mA
- Accessories: Startup Guide, USB cable
- MIC IN jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- MASTER OUT jacks: RCA phono type
- PHONES jacks: stereo 1/4 inch phone type
- PC port: USB type B
- MIDI OUT connector
- DC IN jack
- Width: 478mm / 18-7/8 inches
- Depth: 297mm / 11-3/4 inches
- Height: 62mm / 2-1/2 inches
- Weight: 2.1kg / 4lbs 11oz
I Purchased this as a bit of a Distraction from my normal Studio stuff Keyboards Drum Machines etc, but I have been using it quite a lot and cannot fault it well made and looks good I have not tried it yet with my Roland Aira things (TR-8 etc) but that will come at a later date but I would highly recommend this product, and if you need help the staff are Great and will help without mtrying to sell you a product as they have a genuine Love of what they are doing .... respect