Pro-Ject Primary Phono USB (Black)
The Pro-Ject Primary Phono USB (Black) is a high-quality belt drive USB Hi-Fi turntable that has been designed to be easy-to use, straight out of the box. Using the turntable's USB port you can record your vinyl collection to a PC or Mac. The Primary Phono USB comes with an Ortofon OM 5E cartridge pre-installed and the counterweight and anti-skating mechanism are already pre-adjusted.
If you thought that setting up a hi-fi quality turntable was complicated, the Pro-Ject Primary USB sets out to disprove that theory. It does this by effectively combining the strong points of two other award-winning turntables from the Pro-Ject range; the Elemental Phono USB and the Essential II.
Like the Elemental Phono USB, the Primary Phono USB uses an 8.6" aluminium tonearm with sapphire bearings for optimal tracking. The tonearm is pre-configured for the supplied Ortofon OM 5E pick-up cartridge, so there's no need to set-up the tracking force or anti-skate during installation. The motor is also the same perimeter belt-drive type, with a low-vibration synchronous motor that's controlled by a built-in regulator for improved speed stability.
Where the Primary Phono USB takes from the Essential II is in the traditional design layout. It shares the Essential II's high-quality MDF finish, and the acoustically neutral MDF platter/felt mat platform. The plinth is available in matte black, red or white finish, and the added benefit of this layout is in the included detachable dust cover.
The Primary Phono USB boasts a built-in phono stage and optional USB output for recording vinyl to a PC or Mac. The Primary Phono USB is supplied with RCA cables, but the use of a junction box allows for retro-upgrading with better cables. A separate version with a traditional phono output is also available.
The Primary Phono USB turntable sets out to prove that hi-fi quality turntables don't need to be complicated. Simply install the belt and connect it to a system in order to enjoy vinyl playback on an affordable device that won't hurt your records.
- Instant playback with super-easy setup
- Pre-adjusted tracking force & anti-skating force
- Pre-mounted Ortofon OM5e cartridge
- 8.6" aluminium tonearm with sapphire bearings
- Belt drive with silicone belt
- Low vibration synchronous motor & DC power supply
- Pre-mounted gold-plated RCA interconnect cable
- Built-in MM phono stage
- USB connection for recording vinyl to PC/MAC
- Special turntable feet for effective decoupling
- Acrylic lid included
- Replacement Stylus: Ortofon 5e Stylus
- Pre-Fitted Cartridge: Ortofon OM5e
- Nominal Speeds: 33/45 RPM (Manual)
- Speed Variance: 33: 0.80% 45: 0.70%
- Wow & Flutter: 33: 0.29% 45: 0.27%
- Platter: 300mm MDF (0.8kg)
- Effective Tonearm Length: 8.6" (218.5mm)
- Effective Tonearm Mass: 8.0gr
- Overhang: 22.0mm
- Tracking Force Range: 0 - 25mN
- Power Consumption: 4.5W
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 420 x 112 x 330mm
- Weight: 4kg
There are currently no reviews for this product.
Be the first the write a review.