Denon DJ SC5000
The Denon SC5000 professional DJ media player is part of the latest 'Prime' series by Denon DJ. It features a high definition multi-touch display and an 8-inch rugged metal jog wheel with HD central display and colour customisable RGB light ring. The SC5000 is powered by a multi-core processor and runs 'Engine Prime' Music Analysis & Management Software which features full iTunes and Serato DJ integration.
There's a new Player in Town!
The Denon DJ SC5000 Prime represents a real paradigm shift in DJ Technology, right here, right now. This groundbreaking digital DJ Media Player has a high definition, hi-contrast display that enables multi-touch gestures for the ultimate in latency-free, tactile track navigation, load and playback. The SC5000 is also the world's first DJ Player capable of on-board music file analysis, really empowering you with its innovative dual-layer deck capability and an 8-inch rugged jog wheel with central display that displays either current playing track or custom artwork.
Engineering & Performance Innovations
Powered by a dedicated, multi-core internal processor, the SC5000 runs 'Engine Prime.' This latest version of Denon DJ's music librarian software is onboard the unit, offering you direct access and convenient performance features, so you can be at your creative best. The SC5000 doesn't stand in the way of your creativity-it works with you and gets out of the way!
Unique on the SC5000 is its bank of eight multifunction trigger pads that deliver unprecedented creative expression for your hot-cues, loops, slices and roll playback - all safely locked down by the SC5000's insanely accurate beatgrid analysis. Up to four SC5000 Players can be LAN networked for synchronized data transfer between units, plus you get enhanced BPM and FX possibilities using 'Engine Connect' protocol to work with Denon DJ's new X1800 Prime, 4-Channel mixer.
Customizable DJ Tech
Once a USB drive or SD card is inserted, the SC5000 remembers any previously entered DJ preferences, ensuring that from within the 'Engine Prime' eco-system, the unit recalls every one of your performance preferences and settings. This includes any previously performed track cue points, loop regions, playback history, preparation folders and of course any live, on-the-fly, track analysis.
Visual customization is highlighted by your choice of main primary colours for the SC5000 Prime's 8-inch (touch-capacitive) jog-wheel LEDs, in addition to using your own DJ brand logo or selected track artwork on the beautiful central display. On the SC5000 touch screen, elegant zoom-in and zoom-out of the big, beautiful track waveforms brings you to the pinnacle of musical timeline visualization.
Audiophile Routing Beyond Expectation
The SC5000's unique dual-deck playback facility makes the unit literally '2-decks-in-1,' and with dedicated outputs for each layer, brings you imagination-driven, music playback possibilities with the ultimate in sonic and mix control. The audio outputs are 24-bit/96kHz for the very highest sound quality, and of course the SC5000 Prime plays all uncompressed audio formats, including FLAC, ALAC and WAV, plus all popular compressed music files. The Denon DJ SC5000 Prime returns you to 'The Original Artform,' bringing back passion and creativity alongside performance transparency, with the blindingly fast DJ technology that you deserve!
The new 1.0.3 firmware delivers two important upgrades, which significantly improve the SC5000s operational effectiveness:
- Direct import of rekordbox database automatically and elegantly converts hot-cues, saved loops and playlists into Engine format, directly within the SC5000 player
- Adjusted pitch resolution for more accurate BPM setting during DJ performance
The new Serato Controller Mode delivers numerous powerful and seamless interaction features:
- Controls primary navigation, track-load and playback workflow from a single SC5000 Prime unit
- SC5000 on-board HD touchscreen shows Serato track collection, waveform overview and vital DJ performance data
- Addresses and controls up to 4 Serato DJ decks using just one SC5000
- SC5000 performance trigger pads enable expressive manipulation of standard Serato DJ pad modes.
The new V1.2 release adds dramatically greater capability and flexibility to an already cutting-edge system, delivering a DJ experience unequalled in its ability to quickly import, access and organize music in any way imaginable:
- Import NI Traktor playlists, songs, loops & cue points
- Instant double tracks between/within players
- Enhanced BPM analysis range & downbeat detection
- Increased playlist management options
- Larger drives/collections across network
- Immediate track cue/play on Analyze
- 7-inch HD display with multi-touch gestures
- 24-bit/96kHz digital audio outputs
- Dual-layer playback with individual audio outputs
- Plays uncompressed audio formats (FLAC, ALAC, WAV)
- 8 multifunction trigger pads for Cues, Loops, Slices and Rolls
- 8-inch rugged metal jog wheel with HD central display
- Customizable RGB color around the jog wheel
- (3) USB and (1) SD input for music playback
- LAN output to link to up to four players
- Analog Output: 2.0 Vrms (0 dBFS, 1 kHz)
- Dynamic Range: 116 dB
- Distortion (THD+N): < 0.0015%
- Frequency Range: 22-22,000 Hz
- Sampling Rate: 96 kHz
- Bit Depth: 24-bit
- 8.0" / 203 mm (diameter)
- Metal construction with display & touch-capacitive circuitry
- 7.0" / 178 mm (diagonal)
- 6.0" x 3.6" / 152 x 91 mm (width x height)
- Full-color LED-backlit display with touch interface
- 2.2" / 56 mm (diameter)
- Full-color LED-backlit display
- (2) RCA output pairs
- (2) coaxial digital outputs
- (1) 1/8" (3.5 mm) mini TS input (remote start)
- (3) USB Type-A ports (for USB drives) (Rear-panel ports supply 900mA for USB 3.0 devices, 500 mA for USB 2.0 devices. Frontpanelport supplies 500 mA for USB 2.0 devices only.)
- (1) USB Type-B port (for computer connection)
- (1) SD card slot
- (1) Ethernet link port
- (1) IEC power input
- Connection: IEC
- Input Voltage: 110-240 VAC, 50/60 Hz
- Consumption: 75 W
Dimensions (width x depth x height):
- 320mm x 419mm x 135mm
- 12.6" x 16.5" x 5.3"
- 32.0 x 41.9 x 13.5 cm
Weight (without USB and power cable):
- 8.79 lbs.
- 4 kg
- SD/SDHC card
- USB mass-storage devices (flash memory,external HDD enclosures)
- FAT32 (recommended)
- HFS+ (read-only)
- NTFS (read-only
- AIF/AIFF (44.1-192 kHz, 16-32-bit)
- MP3 (32-320 kbps, VBR)
- Ogg Vorbis
- WAV (44.1-192 kHz, 16-32-bit)
- SC5000 Prime Unit
- USB 3.0 Cable
- 2 Sets of Gold Plated Stereo RCA Cables
- IEC Power Cable
- Display Cleaning Cloth
- Ethernet Link Cable
- USB Extender Cable
- User Guide
- Safety & Warranty Manual
I had done a lot of research into digital dj'ing and what is currently on the market, I wanted to still dj'ing but without the use of a laptop and it was a split decision between a pair of pioneer xdj1000 mk2 or denon sc5000 units. I had a friend which had both and I must admit these denon are fantastic, a bit over the top for me but then again the creativity that I can do on the fly at a gig is unreal. Very pleased and great service at the store. Thanks guys