Denon DJ Prime 4
This is the Denon DJ Prime 4 Standalone DJ System; a powerful all-in-one creative and performance tool for professional DJs.
The Prime 4 is packed full of some fantastic features, including the interactive 10" display that lets you play and change your music with a simple swipe of your finger and makes DJ'ing more intuitive than ever before.
The Worlds Most Powerful, Advanced DJ System Has Arrived
Command every gig, audience, genre, event and location! The multicore processor-powered Prime 4 makes your entire music collection available, transparently connecting you to your performance. With 4-deck hardware control and advanced touchscreen workflow, you're all set to handle any DJ set, anywhere, anytime.
4-Channel Standalone DJ Power
This is what the global DJ community has been waiting for: An all-in-one, fully standalone 4-deck DJ system with no need for a laptop computer - Pure, unfettered performance and playback capability! Rugged metal-chassis, built to endure the rigours of DJ life
Adjustable Angle, 10-inch Touchscreen
Select tracks, view waveforms, interact with your digital music collection and view essential DJ parameters, with tactile multi-gesture control its the touchscreen experience you expect and deserve.
Independent Zone Output
Send a dedicated, back-to back music playlist to a separate location while you command the dancefloor in the main room control the mood, volume and EQ to precisely tailor the sound for your audience.
- Dedicated XLR Zone output with gain and EQ control
- Stream back-to-back music automatically into 2nd room
- Easily assign any of the 4 playing channels to Zone
- Party in one room, chill out in the other
Mix, Blend and Shape Your Sound
Pro-club mixer with four channel line faders, each with 3-band EQ and gain to shape your mix; plus all four inputs are assignable to the switchable line/phono inputs. A replaceable Denon DJ crossfader completes this performance driven package.
8 Performance Trigger Pads
Remix whole tracks and beat juggle with super-responsive hot cue control, then split up bars and beats with quantize-locked, Rolls, Slicer and advanced Looping too!
Mic Control, Check 2
Drive two independent microphones for dual-performer audience engagement, both with dedicated EQ, volume and effect controls plus punch in on/off and talkover options for pro-mobile use.
Expressive Multi-FX with Dedicated Displays
Articulate, visualise and craft your own unique sound, choosing from 13 diversely textured DJ FX, sourced directly from the festival/club X1800 Prime mixer.
Dual-Function Sweep FX and Filter
Engage just one single encoder for tactile sound manipulation with dynamic FX and elegant filter control.
Superior DJ Platter Control
Ultra-responsive, touch capacitive jog wheels with HD central screen that relays performance, heads-up display information combined with a DJ brand logo or playing track artwork. Change up your look with customisable RGB light ring.
Timestretch and Key-Matching Audio
Class-leading, production-quality Timestretch algorithm allows DJs to perform pitch locked, extreme track tempo changes and match/shift harmonic musical keys live in the mix - the ultimate in standalone, Open Format DJing flexibility.
Visualise the Show with Prime 4
Using Prime 4s StagelinQ connection, Mobile, Event and Club DJs now can easily create impactful, visually dynamic lighting and video scenes via Denon DJs partnerships with Soundswitch, Timecode and Resolume.
Virtual DJ Compatible
Get the best out of Virtual DJ with the compete PRIME hardware experience. Fusing an ultra-intuitive touch-screen workflow, 1:1 feedback of all critical mix functions, direct control of audio and video FX, multi-colour and monochrome moving waveforms, effortless browsing capability directly from the hardware, complete command of your mix with tactile performance-driven controls and even a customisable user interface, enhancing your virtual DJ experience with the world’s most advanced DJ Hardware couldn’t be simpler.
Denon DJ & Engine OS are offering 3 MONTHS FREE access to SoundCloud's Go+ account! SoundCloud Go+ gives you offline and ad-free listening to everything from mainstream releases to DJ sets and remixes.
Standalone Music Streaming - Anywhere
Using your mobile data or either a venue’s WiFi or wired internet connection, you can stream music from TIDAL, SoundCloudGo+ and Beatport LINK, just using PRIME 4 and with no laptop needed. Never be caught out again for that elusive song request having literally the world’s music, exclusive playlists and curated content at your fingertips!
Dropbox Personal Cloud Integration
With Dropbox integration, DJs can sync their Engine PRIME collection in the cloud and then access remotely on any EngineOS device from anywhere in the world. DJs can also access Dropbox music folders directly on Engine OS hardware without having to use Engine PRIME. Both workflows offer Engine users free access to their music stored in Dropbox.
Beatsource LINK Streaming Service
Music streaming for open format DJs is here with Beatsource LINK. Working with top record labels and pro DJs around the world, Beatsource LINK provides a variety of music and playlists curated specifically for open format DJs. From any Engine OS device, browse, search and play Beatsource LINK’s extensive collection without the need of a computer. As with all streaming services, performance data such as BPM, Key, Hot Cues, and Loops are saved to the source drive and instantly recalled the next time the track is loaded.
Flexible Beat Grids (Engine PRIME, Engine OS)
Within Engine PRIME, manually create dynamic beat grids for songs with multiple BPMs. Place various tempo anchors throughout a track to course correct the tempo or assign BPM values to different sections of the song - essential functionality
for transition or multi-genre tracks that have intentional tempo changes. PRIME 4 (once updated to Engine OS v1.6) automatically detects tracks with flexible beat grids and applies BPM changes to keep everything in perfect sync.
Tap the album artwork from the tracklist to quickly preview without having to load the track first. Additionally, tap across the track title to ‘needle-drop’ audition different sections of the song - an immense time saver when browsing for the next song, especially in the most critical moments of the mix.
Engine Prime Music Management
Import your digital music collections effortlessly from iTunes, Serato DJ Pro, Native Instruments Traktor Pro and Rekordbox using both Denon DJs free, Engine Prime music management software and the Prime 4 itself.
- Import existing playlists, folders, hot cues and loop information
- Integrated support also available for Native Instruments Traktor
- Prime 4 internally analyses music data with no laptop needed
Features included in v1.3.2 include:
- Added Horizontal Waveform Mode
- Added Console Status Bar with Global Settings and Record
- Added User Adjustable Nudge Sensitivity
Plus the following Fixes / Improvements:
- BPM Metadata is Trusted and Imported to Create Beat Grid
- Fixed Issue Where Some Tracks Show as .1 Second Until Played or Platter is Moved
- Additional Bug Fixes and Improvements
The Future is Now Switched On | Denon DJ V1.4 Firmware
This v1.4 Firmware update for the Prime 4 hardware activates exciting new streaming performance innovations, marking a turning point in the history of DJ technology. Since TIDAL playback is standalone, with no laptop needed, all the DJ's music can be streamed using just the Prime 4 unit. Denon DJ's two standalone media players, the SC5000 and SC5000M will follow in short order. In addition, V1.4 brings enhanced search speed, visual feedback, performance and stability improvements to this Prime Series hardware. #prime4all
V1.4 Firmware Features
- Enabled internet via hard-wired and Wi-Fi connections.
- Integrated TIDAL HiFi music streaming service
- Search speed improvements
- Quantize state is retained after power cycle
- LED state returned to default standalone state when exiting controller mode
- General stability + memory usage improvements
New in 2.0
Introducing Engine DJ 2.0, a defining milestone in the ever-evolving evolution of software-driven solutions for DJs. 2.0 brings a wealth of new features, stability and performance updates giving DJs a more powerful, creative and reliable experience.
Engine DJ (OS) Highlights
- Engine Lighting by SoundSwitch - Automatically sync music with DMX and Philips Hue lights. The dedicated Engine Lighting GUI provides on-the-fly control for various lighting FX, all via the touchscreen.
- Ableton Link Compatibility - Easily sync tempo with external hardware both over wired and wireless networks.
- New Database - The database in 2.0 has been completely rebuilt to provide accelerated browsing, lightning-fast song analysis, enhanced system stability, and a significantly smaller database size.
- Updated User Interface - The 2.0 interface has been redesigned to provide a more intuitive and creative workflow. The layout and location of controls have remained mostly the same, but several visual adjustments have been made to improve the overall user experience.
- New Playlists - Playlist and Crates are now combined into a single comprehensive list (Playlists), taking along with it the best aspects of both list types. Packed tracks from removable drives no longer show as duplicates in the home collection.
- Playlist Deck - Users can now assign a deck as a Playlist Player, providing continuous playback with automated cross-fading. The cross-fade time can be adjusted in the Control Center settings menu. Playlist Deck is available for Prime 4, Prime 2, and Prime GO.
- New Onboard Clock - The new onboard clock offers automatic time zone syncing and aids in providing detailed History lists with the played track start time.
- Play History Upgrades - History lists from connected drives are now automatically added to the home collection and can be viewed from the new History tab without the drive connected. History lists also include the Start Time of when the track was played on an Engine OS device and can be easily imported as Playlists via right-click.
- Streaming Service Upgrades - Streaming services have been expanded with track list preview, prepare list inclusion, and continuous playback with cross-fading via the Playlist Deck.
Here we have Denon DJ Prime 4 in brand new condition and in B-Stock. The B-Stock versions would have been on display at a training evening or trade exhibition only and will come boxed 'as new' with all accessories and a 1-year warranty.
- 4-Deck standalone Engine Prime DJ system
- 10-inch HD multi-touch display with gestures
- Dedicated XLR Zone output provides music to a separate room
- Built-in 2.5-inch SATA drive bay to store music onboard
- 6-inch rugged metal jog wheel with HD central display
- 4 assignable input channels for external media sources
- 2 dedicated XLR inputs for microphones with individual control
- StagelinQ connection for Event/Pro DJ lighting and video control
- Plays uncompressed audio formats (FLAC, ALAC, WAV)
- Crisp 24-bit Denon DJ legacy audio
- (4) USB and (1) SD media Inputs for music playback
- USB keyboard support
- Supports Serato DJ Pro software with the v1.3.3 firmware:
- Easy to connect PRIME 4 to Serato DJ Pro using 'computer' mode
- Dual-view, touchscreen interface - 'Standard with Overview' + 'Large Library View'
- Fast switch touch selection between Library, Sort and View options
- Accurate cueing/scratching response between PRIME 4 jog-wheels and Serato DJ Pro
- DVS control via PRIME 4 channel's 3 & 4 with control vinyl on DJ turntable
- Compatible as an advanced hardware controller for Virtual DJ
- NEW// Standalone Track Preview
- NEW// Dropbox Personal Cloud Integration and Free 6-month 25GB Dropbox storage increase, unlocked on product registration
- UPDATED// Built-in WiFi and wired internet connectivity for music streaming from TIDAL, SoundCloud Go+, Beatport LINK and Beatsource LINK
- Frequency Response: 20Hz 20kHz (±1dB)
- Dynamic Range: > 117dB (A-weighted)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: > 93dB (A-weighted)
- Line Input: > 15dB
- Mic Input: > 20dB
- Outputs: > 20dB
- Channel Separation: < -90dB (1kHz, unity)
- THD Line/Phono: < 0.01% (1kHz, unity)
- THD Microphone: <0.02% (1kHz, unity)
- Connection: IEC
- Voltage: 100240VAC, 50/60Hz
- Consumption: 43W~45W (with smartphone charging from USB4 port) / 38W~39W (without smartphone charging)
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 28.68 x 19.56 x 4.08" / 728.47 x 496.82 x 103.63mm
- Weight: 21.34 lb. / 9.7kg
- Microphone: -40dBu (unity) / -60dBu (minimum)
- Line: +15dBV (minimum) / 0dBV (maximum)
- Master, Balanced: +24dBu (maximum) / +4dBu (unity)
- Master, Unbalanced: +20dBu (maximum) / 0dBu (unity)
- Zone, Balanced: +24dBu (maximum) / +4dBu (unity)
- Booth: +24dBu (maximum) / +4dBu (unity)
- Headphone Output: < 150mW
- (2) XLR outputs (master left/right, balanced)
- (1) RCA output pair (master left/right, unbalanced)
- (2) XLR outputs (booth left/right, balanced)
- (2) XLR outputs (zone left/right, balanced)
- (1) 1/4" (6.35mm) stereo output (headphones)
- (1) 1/8" (3.5mm) stereo output (headphones)
- (2) RCA input pairs (line-level, unbalanced)
- (2) RCA input pairs (phono- or line-level, unbalanced)
- (2) XLR+1/4" (6.35mm) input
- (4) USB ports (for USB drives, 5V, 1A)
- (1) USB port (to computer)
- (1) Ethernet port
- (1) IEC power cable input
I have always been a Pioneer man, DJ'd in clubs for many years and had gear at home. I recently was looking to upgrade to the DDJ-SX2 controller to use with Rekordbox but I spied this beauty. After watching several reviews online, I decided to purchase this instead - boy was that ever a smart decision. I won't go into the specs here, suffice to say I am extremely pleased with the unit from it's multitude functions to its build quality, can't see myself going back to Pioneer. One caveat, if you are a "novice" the downside is every club in the world, pretty much, uses Pioneer gear, so you might be at a disadvantage if you get a gig and are not familiar with Pioneer's layout and functionality. The other issue is the software, Engine Prime is nowhere near as good as Rekordbox, not even close. The good news on this front is that Denon have just invested in a new dev team to re-write the software from the ground up - this will, however, take time. If you are even slightly on the fence, go for the Denon - I have put a 256 GB SSD in mine and am now free of dongles, laptops and cables when I perform - plug in the Power and the audio output, done. But rest assured it also has numerous USB inputs and an SD card slot (? Weird but, OK), can connect wirelessly or via CAT5 to a network for streaming music and can even be used as a controller for Serato, if that's your thing and comes with a free Pro license activated by plugging it into your PC. One last point, it is a four channel mixer, so I plug my CDJ 400's into it and now I have 2 CD decks and 2 virtual decks :-) Magic.
My oh my - what can I tell you about the Denon Prime 4? Firstly, I'm not coming from a Denon or Pioneer bias - this is a genuine first time buyer into this level DJ equipment. The P4 is a game changer, it's revolutionized DJ controllers and if you're thinking about going for one of these I'd suggest doing it sooner rather than later - so you can still get some money back from your current dj controller. Just like CD's replaced records, and then MP3's replaced CD's, the P4 now replaces the laptop and controller generation. It's the future, and whilst there's only a few manufacturers who provide this equipment at the moment, the others will soon catch up - or die a slow and painful death. If you've used an ipad or tablet before than getting used to the P4 screen will be a piece of cake. It's responsive and easy to navigate. There's also some physical buttons which can operate it too. Many use a portable hard drive but I chose to use USB sticks instead, that way it's easy to pop in and out and update - plus carrying back ups is just buying an extra usb stick. If you're a amateur DJ then this encourages you to try new things, do more with your music and just get better at your vocation, whilst also allowing you to do the basics you're comfortable with. If you're already using high level controllers than this has plenty to see you through a club night, whilst still mixing like Tong. It's not just a controller for all abilities it also breaks the barrier for technology. Multi point touchscreen right above your decks is genius, plus a 4 deck mixer, multiple music sources and a plethora of signal out options. It truly is worth every penny. As it was quite a big jump for me I kept mine at home and practiced on it when I could, for a few weeks before taking it out to a gig (by which point I was so in love with it I actually didn't want to let the general population near it). Did my first proper gig with it last weekend (4 hours) and it was fine throughout. I got a lot of compliments from people when they saw it too. Make no mistake, at the time of writing this review this is the most advanced all in one controller you can buy, and if you're in the market for one - get it and thank me later. As always, the service, delivery etc was spot on from whybuynew - I'd recommend you by from them.