Pioneer DJ DDJ-400 DJ Controller
The Pioneer DDJ-400 is a 2 channel DJ controller that utilises rekordbox DJ software. The Pioneer DDJ-400 is an ideal controller for anyone looking to start DJ'ing as with it's tutorial feature it's very beginner friendly, but it also has enough features to satisfy the more established and experienced DJ. The tutorial feature in rekodbox 5.3 can be used with this controller and is a great introduction on how to DJ - all you need to do is follow the instructions on your PC screen and you'll be entertaining your audience in no time at all.
If you want to try DJing at home and see how far you can take it, we've created the perfect controller to learn on: the DDJ-400. Made for dedicated use with our professional performance application, rekordbox dj (free licence key included), the 2-channel DDJ-400 is designed to help you get the most from the new features coming to the software with the release of rekordbox ver 5.3 today.
The DDJ-400 is the ideal piece of kit for first-time DJs. Its controls enable you to easily learn the basics, plus its packed with features that will help you develop your skills. The controller is compatible with the new Tutorial feature in rekordbox dj, which explains basic equipment operation step by step. Even if youve never ventured behind the decks before, you can learn how to DJ.
Thanks to the lightweight and portable design, you can take the DDJ-400 to friends houses to practise together or bring it to parties and small venues to perform. And if you want to take mixing to the next level, youll feel at home in the club DJ booth because the DDJ-400 inherits design traits from our professional range. The layout of dedicated play/pause and cue buttons, Beat FX, CDJ-style looping controls and more is inherited from our NXS2 set-up.
Here we have the Pioneer DJ DDJ-400 in brand new condition and in B-Stock. The B-Stock versions would have been on display at a training evening or trade exhibition only and will come boxed 'as new' with all accessories and a 1-year warranty.
This Pioneer DJ DDJ-400 comes in its original box, with the manual, USB cable and Rekordbox serial key included.
DDJ-400 Key Features:
- Club-style Layout: The buttons and knobs on the DDJ-400 are arranged in the same way as those on our club-standard CDJ-2000NXS2 and DJM-900NXS2 set-up.
- Player Sections: Get familiar with jog wheels, play/pause and cue buttons, tempo sliders, a loop section and cue/loop call buttons just like the ones on the CDJ-2000NXS2.
- Mixer Section: Use the trim and EQ knobs, and the headphone cue buttons, in exactly the same way as those on the DJM-900NXS2.
- Built-in sound card (audio interface) plug and play by simply connecting the controller to your PC/Mac using a single USB cable.
- Mic input circuit clear audio without distortion, even with high input level.
- USB bus powered no need to plug into the mains.
- Grab handles on both sides easy to carry.
- Class compliant OS standard driver will be automatically installed.
Rekordbox 5.3 Key Features:
- Tutorial feature learn how to DJ: Follow the instructions of the Tutorial on your PC/Macs screen. Even if you're a complete beginner, you can learn how to DJ. The Tutorial feature is also compatible with the DDJ-RB.
- Track Suggestion displays tracks that match well with the one currently playing: This feature ranks every track in your rekordbox library according to how well it matches with the one you're currently playing, helping you choose tracks that will fit well in your set. The track displayed at the top of the track list is the most relevant one to play next. Quickly scroll through your music, making maximum use of your collection.
- There are three sorting modes:
- Era: tracks with a close year of release.
- Mood: tracks with a similar mood.
- Association: tracks sharing traits such as artist, label, etc.
- To use this feature effectively, build up track information in your rekordbox library.
- Easy sharing of mixes to social media with track titles and time stamps: Use rekordbox to record your sets and share them with the world via social media channels such as Mixcloud, YouTube and KUVO. When you upload your mix, all track titles and time stamps are automatically added by rekordbox, so listeners can check each track title while enjoying your set.
- Software: rekordbox DJ
- USB Class Compliant: Yes
- Jog Size: 111.6mm
- Pad Size: 16 x 16mm
- Pad Mode: Hot Cue, Beat Loop, Beat Jump, Sampler, Key Board, Pad FX1, Pad FX2, Key Shift
- Tempo Slider: 60mm
- Tempo Range: Yes (Shift)
- Trim Pot: Yes
- Headphones Master/Cue: Yes
- Tutorial Features: Yes
- NXS2 Style Layout: Yes
- Beat Jump: Yes
- Channels: 2
- Control-Auto Loop: Yes
- Control-Play/Cue: Yes
- Control-Tempo: 60mm
- Crossfader: Yes
- FX-CFX: Yes
- FX-DJM Style: Yes
- FX-Pad FX: Yes
- FX-Post Fader: Yes
- FX-Release FX: Yes
- Key Shift: Yes
- Memory Cue: Yes
- Pads: 8
- USB Sound Card: Yes
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- S/N Ratio: 103 dB (USB)
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.005%
- Inputs: MIC x 1 (1/4-inch TS jack)
- Outputs: MASTER x 1 (RCA x 1) / PHONES x 1 (3.5-mm stereo mini jack x 1)
- USB: USB (Type B) x 1
- Maximum Dimensions (W x D x H): 482.0 x 272.4 x 58.5 mm
- Weight: 2.1 kg
- Accessories: USB cable, Quick Start Guide, rekordbox dj licence key card
My first DJ controller unit and its great for learning. Not too many buttons to confuse you as theres only the buttons you need to learn. I can imagine after using these quite a bit and getting use to DJing you will need to upgrade To a more advanced DJ controller to do more things but these are perfect for learners.
My very first DJ controller and I'm loving it. Easy to use, includes tutorials and full Rekordbox software. Case on it's own is £50, so you are getting this little beast for less than £200... It will last you until you are ready for DDJ 800 for sure and Pioneers keep their resale value well.
Had these for few weeks now and can honestly say it has such a good feel. Litterly all you need to get on your way to hitting the pro gear. Only one had one gripe. Sometimes when inturn the effects off they remained on. Not sure if this was the controller itself or the software I was using on my iPad.