Pangolin Quickshow Laser Software Set
The Pangolin Quickshow is a professional laser control software, designed for live performance as well as for programming of laser shows.
The software has been designed with an intuitive user interface to allow beginners to learn it quickly and easily. Quickshow contains already a large number of pre-programmed graphics and beam effects, but it can also be expanded easily and quickly with own patterns, graphics or texts by the user himself.
The Quickshow Set includes the software and the ILDA output hardware: The Flashback 3 output card (FB-3) is thousand times proven and tested worldwide in use and delivers pure graphic output and optimized brightness even for professional requirements.
Due to the already included shows, show parts and patterns, shows can be played immediately or the software can be operated live. A "teaching" of the software or a complicated configuration is not required. You can simply click on the existing patterns or use them directly for your own shows - with a simple drag and drop.
Many different effects can be used on existing patterns, so that the pattern and the effect are changed specifically.
Of course, even professionals can achieve very good results with Pangolin Quickshow: Various professional functions, such as cue layering, sequencing, Auto BPM trigger, timeline synchronizing, etc. make Pangolin Quickshow to a popular tool even at the old hands in the show laser business.
Possibilities with Quickshow
- Static frames (graphics, logos, etc.)
- Animated Frames (character movements, scrolling text, etc.)
- Abstract shapes, screen frames
- Text design, easy input options ("Quick Text")
- Automatic conversion of existing images (bmp, jpg, gif, etc.) in laser-compatible output format
- precise beam positioning by single mapping
- beam shapes like fans, circles, waves, etc. at maximum output power
- many output optimized patterns included
- live application by a laser operator/LaserJockey
- create and play pre-programmed shows
- combined laser show application of pre-programmed shows and live operation
- Cues : Nearly 2,000 pre-programmed patterns and graphics are included in the delivery
- No dongles : The license is linked directly to the output interface, thus easy to handle
- Abstract Figures : abstract patterns and geometric shapes are possible, even in more complex structures
- Live Operation: For single patterns or entire output, the size, position, rotation, angle, speed, colour, change of colour, scan speed and animation speed can be set individually.
- Quick Tools: Different plugin tools ease the operation, such as QuickText, QuickShape, QuickTrace, QuickTargets, QuickTimeline and Quick DMX.
- Various display modes: Single cue, multi-cues, cue sequences and timeline based programming is possible.
- Output Control: Possible by keyboard and mouse, but also via touch screen, MIDI or DMX
- Speed trigger: Possible by keyboard /mouse, but also automatically to the music (BPM control) or in auto mode for single sequences or timeline.
- Preview: A preview window displays all graphics and beams which are to be output as a preview. Uses Windows OpenGL.
- Work in Background: It is possible to edit and set cues in the background without changing the current output.
- Automatic image conversion: GIF, JPG or BMP files can be easily converted in Quickshow.
- Controlling of DMX devices: Quickshow has an efficient DMX output. Up to 512 DMX channels are supported per cue, the number of cues is not limited.
- Own effects and graphics: Of course, it is possible to include own effects and graphics in Pangolin Quickshow. Effects can affect a variety of parameters, such as colour, strobe, tracing, chopping, rotate, zoom, etc..
- Projector calibration and projection zones: A considerable geometry correction and detailed setting possibilities for scanner and colour output are available.
Hardware requirements for Pangolin Quickshow
- Computer Requirements
Normally, QuickShow can be used with any standard computer or laptop. Like all laser show software programs, your computer must have a Windows operating system. On Apple systems the software is likely to run on a Windows emulator (however, Pangolin grants no function guarantee).
The requirements in detail
Notebook or PC with a dual core processor, e.g. Intel Centrino Duo, Core 2 Duo or equivalent AMD chipset. 2GB of RAM. Experience shows that QuickShow runs on slightly weaker systems as well.
- Operating system: Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7 (32or 64 bit)
- Monitor: Minimum resolution 1024x768 px
- Connections: at least one USB port
Laser projector requirement
All systems offered by Laserworld that have an ILDA interface can be controlled by Pangolin Quickshow.
The scan speed is just as irrelevant as the colour structure of the individual modules in the projector (analog, TTL, single or multi-coloured). For projectors containing more than three colour laser sources (applies only to certain products of the RTI NANO series), we generally recommend the use of Pangolin LD-2000 or Pangolin BEYOND with QM-2000 card.
Optional hardware components
Pangolin Quickshow was additionally optimized for use with a touch screen. Especially at live operation without an external controller, this control option is very helpful.
- MIDI controller
Laserworld offers various controller solutions for the efficient control of Pangolin Quickshow by a haptic control console. Previously, often MIDI keyboards were used to play the single laser effects. Currently, many customers rely on MIDI controllers that have more features and a variety of additional fader banks, such as the Akai APC-40.
QuickShow can handle DMX signals in two directions: On the one hand, another sensor (such as a lighting console or software) can control Quickshow through the DMX signal by remote. On the other hand, it is possible to control from Quickshow other DMX devices, like moving heads, lighting effects and fog machines. For the DMX signal processing Pangolin recommends the DMX interface ENTTEC DMX USB Pro.
Expansion of output card
QuickShow comes standard with a FB-3 (Flashback3) output interface. In order to control several projectors individually, you require several output interfaces (shall the lasers do exactly the same, one interface is enough, since the control signal is looped then). Simply purchase additional licenses of Pangolin QuickShow - you can operate up to 8 output interfaces with Quickshow simultaneously.
Should you need more output interfaces, Pangolins BEYOND or LD-2000 is the right choice.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
Be the first the write a review.