Mackie SRM550 Speaker
Mackie SRM550 is a portable full-range active PA speaker which is ideal for mobile PA as well as use in various venues or anywhere where a large, high-quality sound output is required from a compact cabinet. SRM-500 builds on the immense success of the legendary SRM-450 and promises to be the perfect PA solution for mobile DJs, bands and other live performers. SRM550 is high-power, portable, reliable and offers superb sound reproduction whatever the application.
SRM550 is powered by a 12" high-output low frequency driver and mid-bass driver and a 1.4" titanium dome compression tweeter. Combined with Mackie's own onboard amplification, these quality drive units produce an incredible 1600w system power (800w RMS) making them perfect for larger venues, marquees and even outdoor events. This high-output power, however, doesn't come at the cost of sound quality and Mackie SRM550 promises to deliver clear audio reproduction across a wide frequency range whatever the output level.
This superb clarity of audio is down to superior onboard sound processing and Mackie's patented audio correction technology (which has been developed alongside the experts at EAW). The SRM550 features one of the widest frequency ranges in its' class and this is thanks, in part, to the 2-way digital crossover which is built into each cabinet and ensures that the sound remains clear, punchy and free of distortion. SRM550 also incorporates other intelligent processing features including phase correction, driver time alignment and an integrated feedback destroyer for live vocal applications.
With the SRM550, Mackie have ditched the ABS plastic cabinets in favour of a toughened and internally braced wooden cabinets. This all-wood construction means the 550''s are (in Mackie's words) "Built like a tank" and, combined with heavy gauge steel grilles, are ready to withstand the rigours of a life 'on the road' with a band, DJ or other performer. SRM550 has an integrated top hat connection for mounting on speaker poles or stands and can also be flown thanks to standard M10 rigging points making it suitable for installation in bars, clubs and other venues.
Mackie have, on this latest range of SRM speakers, introduced a simple way to tailor the sound to your PA application. A simple push-button control changes the SRM550 between 4 different preset EQ modes including, PA, DJ, Monitor and Soloist. DJ, for example will enhance the bass and top end for punchy performance and vocal clarity, Monitor mode gives a much 'flatter' and more accurate sound (perfect for use as a stage monitor) and "Soloist" is great for acoustic performers as it optimises the vocal frequency range (this is also the best mode for voice-only PA applications).
Connectivity on the SRM550 is well catered for with Mackies 'Wide-Z' inputs which allow connection of any input source from guitars and percussion to mics, mixers and more. A simple 2-channel, onboard mixer allows solo and acoustic performers to leave their mixers at home while Smart Protect protection ensures that SRM550 is fully protected in the unlikely event it gets overdriven.
Mackie SRM-550 is guaranteed to be a hit with mobile performers and continue the considerable legacy left behind by the awesome SRM-450. Buy your Mackie SRM speakers with confidence from an official UK Mackie dealer.
Here we have the Mackie SRM550 Speaker in brand new condition and in B-Stock. The B-Stock versions would have been on display at a training evening or trade exhibition only and will come boxed 'as new' with all accessories and a 1-year warranty.
Mackie SRM550 Features:
- 1600W system power paired with custom transducers deliver gig-level volumes with room to spare
- 12" high-output LF driver / 1.4" titanium dome compression driver
- "Built-Like-A-Tank" all-wood, internally-braced cabinet delivers unmatched road-worthiness
- Rugged 18-gauge steel grille and fine-textured, sleek black cabinet finish
- Front ported for maximum low-end extension and punch
- High-Definition Audio Processing for professional sound with unmatched clarity
- Patented acoustic correction developed with touring geniuses at EAW®
- Precision 2-way digital crossover
- Driver time alignment and phase correction
- Quick one-button Speaker Mode selection for application-specific voicing (PA, DJ, Monitor and Soloist)
- Effortlessly eliminate nasty feedback with one-button automatic Feedback Destroyer
- Integrated 2-channel mixer featuring dual Mackie Wide-ZTM inputs
- Handles anything from mics to guitars to mixers with a single twist of the gain knob
- Includes stereo RCA inputs for easy connection to music source
- Perfect for the singer/songwriter, plug in and leave the mixer at home
- Smart ProtectTM DSP kicks in to protect your investment when things get pushed a little too hard
- Monitor-specific 60-degree angle and voicing mode perfect for cutting through on stage
Mackie SRM550 Specification:
- Height: 23.0 in / 585 mm
- Width: 14.2 in / 360 mm
- Depth: 14.9 in / 377 mm
- Weight: 37 lb / 16.8 kg
- Frequency Response (-3 dB): 55 Hz - 17 kHz [SRM550]
- Frequency Response (-10 dB): 49 Hz - 20 kHz [SRM550]
- Max peak SPL: 132 dB [SRM550]
- Crossover Point: 3 kHz
- Dispersion: 90 ? x 50 ?
- Voice Coil Diameter: 1.0 in / 25 mm
- Horn Entry Diameter: 1.4 in / 36 mm
- Diaphragm Material: Titanium
- Magnet Material: Ferrite
- Woofer Diameter: 12.0 in / 305 mm [SRM550]
- Voice Coil Diameter: 2.6 in / 66 mm [SRM550]
- Diaphragm Material: Paper
- Magnet Material: Ferrite
- Rated Power: 800 watts rms/1600 watts peak
- Low Frequency Power Ampllifer Rated Power: 400 watts RMS/800 watts peak
- Rated THD: < 1%
- Design: Class D
- High Frequency Power Amplifier Rated Power: 400 watts RMS/800 watts peak
- Rated THD: < 1%
- Design: Class D
- Power : Detachable line cord 190 - 240 VAC, 50 Hz, 200W
- AC Connector: 3-pin IEC 250 VAC
- Power Supply Type : Switchmode
- Operating Temperature: 0 - 40 ?C [extended ambient temperature] 32 - 104 ?F
- Input Protection: Peak and RMS limiting, power supply and amplifier thermal protection
- Cabinet: 15 mm Poplar
- Finish: High durability black paint
- Handles: One on each side
- Grille: Powder-coated 18 gauge steel
- Fly Points: Three M10 x 1.5 x 37 mm
- Monitor Angle: 60 ?
Having recently purchased two of these 550 units I can express hoe delighted I am with them. they are my third set of Mackie speakers from the guys at Whybuynew and can't thank them enough for there help. A special thanks to Adam who helped me with a small issue and his kind commitment to ensure I left happy was over and above what I expected. If you have not been to Whybuynew, take my advice go and you will not be disappointed, excellent service from a great team Thank you Mike
Having recently purchased my 3rd set of Mackie Active SRM speakers (550) all of which have been faultless, I cannot thank the guys at Whybuynew enough. Their attention to customer service and satisfaction it right up there and a special thanks to Adam who dealt with a small issue with the upmost care and attention. If you have not yet been to Whybuynew waste no more time get along and see that they are simply the best, Thank you all Mike