The Akai MPD232 is a feature packed, highly playable pad controller. It features 16 thick RGB illuminated and pressure sensitive MPC pads. This Akai will improve any computer based studio and make your creativity soar!
The MPD2 Series is a product of over six years of detailed customer research and user feedback. We asked what you wanted and we listened closely. We took what you told us and turned it into the most capable and user-friendly line of pad controllers Akai Professional has developed to date.
The MPD232 is a MIDI-over-USB pad controller perfect for producers, programmers, musicians and DJs alike. Its intuitive blend of MPC controls and technologies mesh with easy USB connectivity to bring the feel of classic beat making into the world of computer music production.
Experience the Difference
First, we stepped up our game by adding new, ultra sensitive Thick Fat MPC pads, creating an amazingly responsive user experience. The MPD232 has an expanded control set featuring eight knobs, eight faders, eight buttons arranged in three banks for 72 total controls. This will enable you to maximize your sound and give you increased control over effects.
The MPD232 also boasts an all-new 64-channel, 32-step performance sequencer, which the MPD32 did not have. MIDI information is sent over its plug-and-play USB interface for use on Mac or PC, eliminating the need to install any drivers.
Along with the improved functionality we've added iOS compatibility using the Camera Connection Kit (sold separately) and included over $400 of free software. Titles include: Akai Pro MPC Essentials, Big Bang Drums and Big Bang Cinema from Sonivox, Ableton Live Lite, and Software Preset Editor.
The aforementioned Software Preset Editor allows you to enjoy intuitive control editing right from the front panel of the MPD232.
Our MPD2 Series marks an important evolution of the pad controller. Many years of research and customer feedback has led directly to some of the most capable pad controllers we've ever developed. These MPDs are the perfect bridge between your creativity and your computer-based studio.
Combining plug-and-play support for Akai Professional MIDI controllers, a comprehensive selection of studio grade production and mixing tools, 9 premium instruments, 11 effect processors, Softube powered guitar & bass amplifiers, an immense genre-spanning 2+GB sample library and expansion options via VST and Rack Extension Plugins, Reason Lite provides the ultimate platform for immersive production, hard-wired for immediate creative exploration with Akai Professional's industry-standard controller line-up.
- 64-part, 32-step sequencer to control pad events
- 16 Thick Fat RGB illuminated velocity and pressure sensitive MPC pads
- 64 assignable pads accessible via 4 banks
- 8 assignable faders, 8 assignable Q-Link knobs, 8 assignable Q-Link buttons
- 72 assignable controls accessible via 3 banks
- Classic MPC Note Repeat, MPC Swing, 16 Level, Full Level and Tap Tempo
- 30 presets total, with configurations for most popular DAWs
- iOS compatible using the Camera Connection Kit (sold separately)
- MIDI In and Out jacks for controlling external gear
- Dedicated Transport controls
- Includes Ableton Live Lite, Akai Pro MPC Essentials, Sonivox Big Bang Cinematic Percussion and Big Bang Universal Drums
- Macintosh: 1.25 GHz G4/G5 or faster (Intel Mac recommended); 1GB RAM (2GB recommended); Mac OS X 10.4.11 (10.5 or later recommended)
- PC: 1.5 GHz Pentium 4 Celeron-compatible CPU or faster (multicore CPU recommended); 1 GB RAM (2GB recommended); Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, or Windows XP; Windows-compatible sound card (ASIO driver support recommended); QuickTime recommended
- Available USB port
Reason Lite Features:
- Plug-and-play support for AKAI MIDI controllers
- Studio grade recording and mixing tools to polish your creations to perfection
- 9 premium instruments: Synths, samplers, drum machines
- 11 effect processors: reverb, delay, EQ, distortion and much more
- Guitar and bass amplifiers from Softube
- 2+GB of included sounds, loops and samples
- Extend your sound with VST and Rack Extension plugins
- Pads: 16 x velocity- and pressure-sensitive pads, RGB-backlit and 4 x banks accessible via Pad Bank buttons
- Knobs: 8 x 360° assignable potentiometers, 3 x banks accessible via Control Bank buttons and 1 x 360° encoder for display navigation and selection via push
- Faders: 8 x 45mm assignable faders, 3 banks accessible via Control Bank buttons
- Buttons: 8 x assignable switches, amber-backlit. 17 x dedicated function buttons, amber-backlit. 3 x transport buttons. 4 x directional cursor buttons for display navigation. 16 x step buttons, red-green-backlit. 1 x step sequencer bank button with 2 red LEDs. 1 x step sequencer record button, red-backlit
- Display: 20 x 4 characters, monochrome backlit with adjustable contrast
- Connections: 1 USB port, 1 power input (power adapter sold separately), 1 x 1/8 MIDI input (1/8-MIDI adapter included), 1 x 1/8 MIDI output (1/8-MIDI adapter included), 1 x Kensington lock slot
- Power: via computer USB bus or USB charger (sold separately), via power adapter (sold separately): 6V DC, 1A, center-positive
- Dimensions: (width x depth x height) 16.6 x 10.0 x 1.9 / 42.2 cm x 25.4 cm x 4.8 cm
- Weight 4.2 lbs /1.9 kg
There are currently no reviews for this product.
Be the first the write a review.