Alesis Vortex Wireless 2 Electronic Keytar
The Alesis Vortex Wireless 2 is a USB / MIDI keytar style controller that includes several professional production software items including Ableton Live Lite and Hybrid 3 which will enable you to start creating music in no time at all. Check out below all the software packages it includes! The Alesis Vortex Wireless 2 features 37 keys, 8 RGB back-lit trigger pads and 8 back-lit faders, all of which will aid you in your music production.
Next-Generation Keytar Performance
Take back the stage! Experience untethered keytar performance with the next-generation Alesis Vortex Wireless 2. Featuring improved ergonomics for better playability, a more durable housing, and an updated control layout, the Vortex Wireless 2 offers comprehensive MIDI controller functionality in a stylish and stage-ready keytar design with a stunning gloss-black finish.
This dynamic MIDI keytar controller connects wirelessly to your computer and easily integrates with popular virtual instruments, plugins, and DAWs.
Command the stage with 37 velocity-sensitive keys with after-touch, 8 RGB back-lit velocity-sensitive drum pads, and a row of 8 MIDI-assignable back-lit faders, all laid out in an accessible, hands-on design. A series of neck controls provides additional performance options: you can tweak sounds using the MIDI-assignable touch strip and MIDI-assignable accelerometer, expand melodic ideas with the octave range buttons, and activate sustain, all while your right hand remains free to play. Vortex Wireless 2 offers multiple connectivity options and comes equipped with USB-MIDI and traditional MIDI Out jacks.
Virtual Instruments, DAW and Preset Editor Included
Vortex Wireless 2 includes premium bundle of virtual instrument plug-ins,including Hybrid 3, Loom 2, Vacuum Pro, and Xpand!2 from AIR Music Tech, and TimewARP 2600 by Way Out Ware. For performing, producing, recording, we include Avid Pro Tools | First and Eleven Lite Plugin. Finally, we include a clear, concise, and easy-to-use point-and-click preset editor, so you can quickly configure any parameter of any preset. You can also use the editor software to save and load all of your Vortex presets to and from your hard drive for easy backup.
Avid Pro Tools | First and Eleven Lite Plugin
Industry-standard Pro Tools music software bundle and Eleven Lite plugin gives artists unprecedented creative options with the most realistic virtual instruments/effects anywhere.
Alesis have announced that they are partnering with Avid to offer the world-renowned Pro Tools | First software bundle of virtual instruments and effects with their line of keyboard controllers - the V Series, the VI Series and the Vortex Wireless 2. In addition, the Eleven Lite plugin, with over 20 high quality guitar, amp and effect models is also included. Together, they give artists and producers a
nearly unlimited range of creative and versatile options with incredibly realistic virtual instruments and effects.
Pro Tools is the industry standard for recording software and the teams at Alesis and AVID have crafted a version of this terrific collection specifically tailored for Alesis hardware. This amazing audio and MIDI recording software helps inspire any artist, musician or singer-songwriter to create, record and share all their ideas across the world at any time.
Loom II takes a unique modular approach to additive synthesis, a synthesis technique that involves combining simple waveforms together to create complex sounds, by enabling anyone to select from and combine 34 editable modules. Create anything from wobbles, organs, ethereal pads, ambient soundscapes and so much more. The programmable Morph Pad brings your Loom II patches to life by morphing between user-defined variations of your patch, adding motion and momentum that continuously evolve.
Vacuum Pro is a polyphonic analogue synthesizer with vacuum tube circuit modelling that perfectly captures the crunchy, warm sound of the analogue era. With four analogue oscillators, multiple filters and envelopes,and built-in audio effects, Vacuum Pro lets you dive deep into subtractive synthesis to recreate those sought-after analogue sounds from the 70s and 80s.Tweak the switches, knobs, and dials to program anything from basses, leads,pads, or unique sound effects.
Xpand!2 is amulti-timbral workstation offering four active sound slots, or parts, per patch. Each part is provided with its own MIDI channel, Note Range (Zone), Mix, Arpeggiation, Modulation, and Effects settings an excellent method for creating individual parts. Harnessing the four parts together to build one amazing Patch is where Xpand!2 reveals its true power. Using everything from wavetables and FM synthesis to sample playback, the expert sound design team at Air Music Tech has carefully created thousands of ready-to-play Xpand!2 patches.
Here we have the Alesis Vortex Wireless2 in brand new condition and in B-Stock. The B-Stock versions would havebeen on display at a training evening or trade exhibition only and will come boxed'as new' with all accessories and a 1-year warranty.
- 37 velocity-sensitive keys with after-touch for compact size with complete melodic range
- Eight RGB back-lit velocity-sensitive trigger pads enable you to create beats or trigger clips
- Eight back-lit faders for controlling volumes or other virtual instrument parameters
- Embedded MIDI-assignable tilt sensor performance control with on/off button
- Thumb-controlled volume slider and reversible pitch-bend wheel on neck
- MIDI-assignable touchstrip, zone, sustain, and octave-control buttons on neck
- Included USB receiver creates a wireless connection to any Mac or PC, or most keyboards with USB host port
- Wired USB and MIDI jacks for use with any synth, sound module, or other MIDI hardware or software
- Can be battery-powered for use with MIDI modules and hardware synths (4 AA batteries not included)
- Strap and cable harness included; standard guitar strap pegs on neck and body
- Easily edit MIDI-assigned controls with the included point-and-click Vortex Wireless 2 Editor application
- World-class production software package included: Hybrid 3, Loom 2, Vacuum Pro, and Xpand!2 by AIR Music Tech, TimewARP 2600 by Way Out Ware, and Avid Pro Tools | First and Eleven Lite Plugin
- Keys: 37 velocity-sensitive keys with aftertouch, 10-octave range available with Octave Up/Down buttons, 2 assignable zones with assignable split point
Pads: 8 velocity-sensitive pads, multi-colour back-lit, MIDI-assignable
- Sliders: 8 sliders, blue back-lit, MIDI-assignable, 1 volume slider, MIDI-assignable
- Modulation: 1 touch-capacitive ribbon controller, MIDI-assignable, 1 pitch bend wheel, MIDI-assignable, 1 accelerometer (tilt sensor) MIDI-assignable
- Sustain: 1 sustain button
- Display: 7-segment 3-character monochromatic back-lit LCD, Up/Down (+/) increment/decrement buttons
- Wireless Transmission:
- Transmitter: Vortex Wireless 2 (internal)
- Receiver: USB wireless receiver (included)
- Connectors: 1 USB Type-B port, 1 x 5-pin MIDI output
- Power: Via USB port or 4 AA batteries
- Dimensions (width x depth x height): 35.2 x 10.0 x 2.9 (89.4 x 25.4 x 7.4 cm)
- Weight: 6.5 lbs. (2.9 kg)
Would give 5 but if you're not used to midi and daws (like me) it's quite hard to set up. I've decided to connect to to my synth via midi lead for now. Once connected it's really fun to play and the keybed has a nice feel to it. I'd recommend buying a longer strap for a much more comfortable playing position. Whybuynew sent it next day with no problems at all. It was listed as a return item but apart from the box being resealed it was in new condition.