Akai MPC Live
The Akai MPC Live is a standalone portable music production controller, with a 7" high-resolution multi-touch display and battery powered operation via the built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery. It also features 16GB of on-board storage, and acts as a control surface for MPC 2.0 software. The MPC Live combines reimagined functionality, power and portability to deliver the ultimate solution for mobile production and live performance.
From 04.04.19 through to 04.07.19 new and existing users of Akai Professional's Force, MPC Live and MPC X will receive a full 3-month free-trial to Splice, giving full access to over 2 million samples, loops, FX, and pre-sets.
Discover a limitless world of class-leading, in-demand sound content at your fingertips with the availability of Splice integration in Force, MPC Live and MPC X - a pivotal series of updates that offer musicians, performers, producers and DJs with immediate wi-fi access to their own Splice library directly from the touch user interface - perfect for ultra-fast auditioning of sounds for use within Force and MPC projects.
Simplify your sample browsing and auditioning with on-board Splice integration in Force, MPC Live and MPC X. Splice Sounds fuels the creativity of producers around the world with millions of high-quality, royalty-free samples, sounds, presets and loops, covering nearly ever musical style.
Splice integration is included as part of update 3.0.2 for Force and update 2.5 for MPC Live/X; both updates are available immediately.
Versatility is crucial for all producers. Being able to easily pivot from creator to performer means more people have the opportunity to see and hear your music. The new MPC Live makes the process of performing your studio inventions on stage incredibly seamless by combining the power of a production centerpiece with the portability and rugged design of an on stage workhorse.
At the heart of the new MPC Live is a beautiful, full colour 7" multi-touch screen, four touch-capacitive Q-Link controls, a clickable master encoder knob and 16 amazingly responsive, velocity and pressure-sensitive RGB pads.
Weighing in at less than 6lbs, the MPC Live ushers in a new era of ultra-portable production. Powered by a rechargeable lithium-ion battery and packing 16GB of on-board storage, the MPC Live features numerous ways to take your beloved sample library and MPC sessions anywhere. Files can be accessed and transferred to the built on-board storage via the built-in SD card slot and/or two-port USB hub. If that's not enough storage, the MPC Live also features a 2.5" SATA drive connector providing additional storage via installation of a fixed hard drive - SSD or HDD (sold separately). The same USB hub can also be used for MIDI controller connectivity.
Standalone? Check. Battery powered? Check. Contains massive amounts of internal storage? Check. Your creative flow now knows no borders and bounds.
To Plug or Not to Plug
Powering Live is MPC 2.0, Akai Professional's new update to the MPC software. Capable of running natively on the MPC Live in standalone mode, MPC 2.0 can also be run from a Mac or PC with the Live tethered to a computer. A number of major workflow enhancements have been added to 2.0, including: audio track recording, an improved time warp algorithm, refined Q-Link control, audio and MIDI drag and drop - all appearing on a new graphical interface. Future versions will support Ableton Link.
Infinite Sounds, Unlimited Inspiration
The MPC has a well-earned reputation for sounds that hit hard and sound great, right out of the box. MPC Live is no exception. Pre-installed with 10GB of world-class sounds, The Vault 2.0 features samples and kits from top-notch sound design companies including MVP Loops, CR2 Records, as well as our own radio-ready kits. Want to incorporate your own samples without tethering to a computer? MPC Live features a 2.5" SATA drive connector providing more storage via external hard drive - SSD or HDD. Additionally, sounds can be accessed and added to the library using the built-in SD Card slot or the USB thumb drive.
MPC 2.2 Software Update
Redefining the creative vista and driving MPC X and MPC Live in standalone and controller modes is Akai Professional's re-imagined MPC Software 2.2; a cutting-edge production suite combining 128-track sequencing capability, real-time time stretching, clip-launch functionality, advanced MIDI editing capability, VST compatibility in controller mode, operation as a standalone application on Mac & PC, advanced sampling & audio editing/recording functionality, seamless DAW integration, a redesigned GUI and much more.
MPC 2.4 Update (Released February 2019)
2.3 saw standalone synth engines, now it's time for premium mixing tools in MPC! Akai Professional has just announced MPC 2.4 that introduces a plethora of user-requested features and workflow enhancements, notably the addition of 28 must-have effects from critically-acclaimed DSP gurus AIR Music Technology and a much-requested side-chain compressor, the Mother Ducker.
The original AIR Creative FX collection has been included as part of Pro Tools® since Version 8 and is considered the reference FX suite by some of the world's most respected audio professionals. With MPC 2.4, this legendary suite of 16 mix essentials has been ported to MPC for immediate use with standalone or desktop MPC software; this core range of effects has also been expanded to include 12 new plugins, including the AIR Channel Strip and AIR Transient. Each effect has been expertly designed with ease of use in mind and the stunning new TUI layouts take using effects inside MPC to a whole new level.
Here we have the Akai MPC Live in brand new condition and in B-Stock. The B-Stock versions would have been on display at a training evening or trade exhibition only and will come boxed 'as new' with all accessories and a 1-year warranty.
- Standalone MPC - no computer required - natively powered by MPC Software 2.0
- 7-inch full-color multi-touch display
- Also acts as a control surface for MPC 2.0 software, compatible
- Internal, rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Inputs: Turntable (RCA) inputs with ground peg and stereo balanced 1/4" jack
- 6 configurable 1/4" balanced jack outputs
- 1/8" headphone output
- 16GB of on-board storage (over 10GB of sound content included)
- User-expandable 2.5" SATA drive connector (SSD or HDD)
- 2 pairs of MIDI inputs and outputs
- 2GB of RAM
- SD Card slot for loading samples and projects
- 2 USB-A 3.0 slots for thumb drives or MIDI controllers
- Ableton Link and WiFi will be supported in future updates
Specifications & Requirements:
- Controller Mode: Windows 8.1 or newer
- Controller Mode: Mac OS X 10.10.5 or newer
- MPC 2.0: Minimum 2GB free disk space (20GB for all content), Minimum 4GB RAM (8GB recommended), Minimum Dual-core 2.5GHz CPU
- 67.5mm x 410mm x 223mm
- 2.7" x 16" x 8.8"
MPC 2.0 Software Features
- New graphical interface
- Audio track recording
- Real-time time-stretching and pitch-shifting
- Clip Program mode for clip launching workflow
- Reimagined mixer layout - resizable faders, an adaptive channel strip, a dedicated audio track editing window, resizable waveform view
- Advanced signal routing capability - submixes, FX returns, multi-output plugin support
- More efficient and streamlined MPC workflow
- Audio and MIDI drag and drop
- Enhanced QLink Control
MPC 2.2 Software Update Features
- MIDI Learn Global - The MPC desktop software can now be controlled by external MIDI control surfaces such as keyboards and pad controllers. Once configured as a Global MIDI Learn template, its assignments and the Enable On/Off will persist so that each time the MPC application is opened, saved controller assignments will instantly be ready to be used.
- MIDI Learn Project - The MPC standalone and desktop software's automatable parameters can now be controlled by external
- MIDI control surfaces such as keyboards, pad controllers and MIDI mixers.
- Humanize - Users can now randomize the timing or velocity of MIDI events.
- Generate Random Events - MPC can now generate random melodic patterns and drum beats.
- MPC X and MPC Live can now load a user template project from the Launch page.
MPC 2.4 (Released February 2019)
16 Classic FX from Pro Tools:
- AIR Distortion: Instantly adds colour to audio signals with multiple modes, and scalable amounts, of distortion.
- AIR Enhancer: Enhances the low and high broadband frequencies of an audio signal.
- AIR Ensemble: Applies fluid, shimmering modulation effects to the selected audio signal.
- AIR Filter Gate: Highly-acclaimed plug-in that chops an audio signal into staccato rhythmic patterns with variable filtering, amplitude, and panning.
- AIR Flanger: Applies a short modulating delay to the selected audio signal.
- AIR Freq Shift: Shifts the audio signal's individual frequencies, creating a unique effect.
- AIR Fuzz-Wah: Adds colour to an audio signal with various types, and varying amounts, of transistor-like distortion
- AIR Kill EQ: Instantly mutes the Low, Mid or High broadband frequency range independently from an audio signal - a popular effect with DJs and is commonly heard in contemporary electronic music production.
- AIR Lo-Fi: Bit-crush, down-sample, clip and rectify the selected input signal.
- AIR Multi-Chorus: Applies a thick, complex Chorus effects to an audio signal.
- AIR Non-Linear Reverb: Applies a special gated or reversed Reverb effect to the audio signal, creating a synthetic, processed ambience.
- AIR Phaser: Applies a phaser to an audio signal for that much sought-after "wooshy," "squishy" sound.
- AIR Reverb: Applies Reverb to the audio signal, creating a sense of room or space - perfect for Effect Send inserts or Main Effects inserts.
- AIR Spring Reverb: A faithful emulation of the classic spring reverb sound.
- AIR Stereo Width: A useful plug-in that creates a wider stereo presence within the source audio.
- AIR Talkbox: Instantly add voice-like resonances to selected audio signals.
12 All-New Plugins:
- AIR Channel Strip: Specially written for MPC this channel strip combines multiple sections with asuper-fast interface for getting incredible results. The equalisation section features a high-pass filter,low shelf, high shelf, and a fully parametric mid-band. The dynamics section includes AIR compressor and gate algorithms, which are perfect for achieving hard-hitting drum sounds.
- AIR Compressor: A production mainstay. Use this Compressor to change the dynamic range of a signal by automatically reducing its gain if it exceeds a certain level.
- AIR Delay: A classic stereo delay featuring a feedback path that has a filter within it to shape the tonality of the repeats. The Ratio and Width parameters enable you to achieve a wide range of stereo delay effects.
- AIR Diff Delay: Delay line effect that is synchronised to the session tempo and uses an adjustable amount of diffusion, thus emulating the dissipation of echoes in reverberant space.
- AIR Filter: Applies a filter to an incoming audio signal and then applies a selectable type of distortion and reduction to the filtered signal.
- AIR Maximizer: A limiter specifically developed for professional mastering.
- AIR Noise Gate: A classic gate effect with a dedicated denoise section to achieve a smoother gate effect with less audible chatter.
- AIR Para EQ: Four-band parametric equaliser with four independent EQ ranges.
- AIR Pitch Shifter: Transpose the pitch of incoming audio; a range of pitch shifting algorithms gives you a variety of flavours to experiment with.
- AIR Pumper: Pumper creates a rhythmic pumping effect, similar to that of sidechain compression, with an assignable speed, depth and envelope shape.
- AIR Transient: Add more attack to drum sounds, reduce the level of reverb or increase the sustain level a bass guitar.
- AIR Tube Drive: Emulates the sound of the signal being played through a mildly "overdriven" tube amp, creating a warm, smooth-sounding distortion.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
Be the first the write a review.