Korg Volca FM
The Korg Volca FM is a polyphonic digital synthesizer that will play with any Midi device and is fully compatible with DX-7 program files. Its compact design and optional battery operation means that you can take the Volca anywhere to perform live.
The Korg Volca FM is a polyphonic digital synthesizer that completely reproduces a classic FM sound engine. The volca series has shed new light on classic technologies by linking classic sound engines such as the groove machines and early samplers of the past with the dance music of today. Now it's time for the series to gain an FM sound engine.
The volca fm is a three-voice digital FM synthesizer that completely reproduces the sound engine of a classic FM synthesizer, and provides compatibility with it as well. The unique volca interface makes it easy to manipulate distinctive FM sounds even if you're not familiar with the complexities of FM synthesis. The 16-step sequencer that's one of volca's features provides new functions such as WARP ACTIVE STEP and PATTERN CHAIN that let you make even more powerful rhythm patterns.
The volca fm makes FM sound editing accessible with the MODULATOR/CARRIER super-easy edit knobs - the knob movements are mapped to multiple parameters for sound changes that are easy to understand. FM enthusiasts can also menu dive into full parameter edits. The volca fm comes accompanied with a Parameter List Guide to assist this.
There's a loop sequencer with up to 16 steps, allowing you to record your performance on the touch panel keyboard just as you play. It's easy to create phrases that come to mind. Up to sixteen sequence patterns can be stored in internal memory. And the motion sequence function records your knob movements, letting you add time-varying change to the sound. This is great way to polish your loops, and also lets you generate highly original live performances.
In addition to the active step function that lets you skip steps during a sequence, the volca fm provides new functions that enable you to generate more irregular rhythms. If the active step is fewer than 16 steps, you can use the warp active step function to compensate to occupy the same playback time as 16 steps; then by synchronizing the playback with another volca series unit, you can deliberately skew the step timing to generate truly unconventional performances. In a first for the volca series, the volca fm is also equipped with an arpeggiator. By using this in conjunction with a motion sequence you can create extremely eccentric rhythm patterns. Furthermore, the pattern chain function lets you connect multiple sequence patterns for successive playback, making it possible to construct large-scale developments of 32, 64, or even 256 steps by joining up to 16 sequences.
Here we have the Korg Volca FM in new and manufacturer refurbished which will come boxed 'as new' with a 1-year warranty. Buy this amazing Volca FM with confidence with 100% satisfaction guaranteed or your money back!
- Keyboard: Multi touch keyboard
- Synthesizer Type: FM synthesis
- Maximum Polyphony: 3 voices
- Structure: 6 operators, 32 algorithms
- Number of Programs: 32
- Main Edits: Modulator (Attack, Decay), Carrier (Attack, Decay), LFO (Rate, P.Depth), Algrtm Available to edit full parameters for each operator in Edit Mode
- Controls: Transpose, Velocity, Octave, Arp (Type, Div)
- Arpeggiator Types: 9 (each 3 patterns of "Rise", "Fall", and "Random")
- Voice Modes: Poly, Mono, Unison
- Effect: Chorus
- Sequencer Controls: Motion Sequence, Active Step, Warp Active Step, Pattern Chain, Metronome
- Connectors: MIDI In, 3.5mm stereo mini jack audio output, Sync In (3.5mm monaural mini jack, Maximum input level: 20V) and Sync Out (3.5mm monaural mini jack, Output level: 5V)
- Power Supply: AA alkaline battery x 6 or AA nickel-metal hydride battery x 6 or AC adapter (DC9V) (optional)
- Korg Volca FM Dimensions: 193 x 115 x 40 mm / 7.60" x 4.53" x 1.57" (W x D x H)
- Korg Volca FM Weight: 360g/12.70 oz. (excluding batteries)
- Includes Sync cable and Edit Parameter List