Grab some incredible deals every two months when you join Novation's Sound Collective! The Sound Collective is free to join and gives its members FREE access to 3rd-party software instruments and creative effects! See below for the latest deals:
For a limited time from 4th March to 6th May you can download the RetroMod 106 sample-powered synth from the incredible Tracktion Software for FREE and claim 50% off the price of any other other instrument in the RetroMod range.
To join the Sound Collective and start making the most of these fantastic deals just add your Novation MiniNova to the basket and buy as normal before heading to www.novationmusic.com to register.
Here we have the Novation MiniNova virtual analogue synth; the ultimate in compact studio and live synth performance. The MiniNova features a quick-access interface, giving you incredible sound creation possibilities and making it ideal for the experienced synth enthusiast as well as for performers and musicians alike. Designed and conceived by synth legend Chris Hugget this incredible synth not only brings you fifty years of technical know-how but also has an attractive and stylish retro design that will look great wherever you take it.
MiniNova packs the sort of specs you'd expect to find in an instrument twice the size, and sounds like one double the price. Whether you're a music production novice taking your first steps in synthesis, the keyboard player in a band looking for a sturdy, road-worthy instrument, or an experienced sound designer after a pro-quality portable addition to your existing arsenal, Novation's backpack-sized beast more than delivers.
This larger-than-life USB bus-powered, 18-voice polyphonic micro synth features three oscillators and one noise generator per voice; 14 filter types; 12-band vocoder with VocalTune; 6 envelope generators; 3 LFOs; 20 modulation assignment slots; 5 simultaneous effects; with Mac/PC Editor Plug-in and Patch Librarian.
Big Sound, small synth
Built on the UltraNova sound engine, MiniNova has more polyphony, more filter types, more effects and more modulation than any other synth in its class. And being USB bus-powered, you can easily hook it into your computer-based setup without a mess of cables getting in the way. Every one of MiniNova's sounds is mix-ready straight out of the box, but each can be subtly tweaked or warped beyond recognition via the 24 synth parameters immediately accessible from the front panel.
Each of the three oscillators (per voice) draws on 14 analogue waveforms, 20 digital waveforms and 36 wavetables, and features density/detune (for fattening), virtual sync (for punchy attacks) and 'hardness' (an additional low-pass filter). Two filters are available per patch, offering a choice of 14 low-/high-/band-pass types at roll-off slopes from 6-24dB/octave; and up to five effects can be applied simultaneously, including distortion, reverb, chorus/phase, delay, compressor, EQ and Novation's unique Gator effect.
From dirty-fat basses and soaring leads to lush pads, spiky arps and vintage analogue-style tones, MiniNova brings all the character, power and versatility you'd expect from a full-size synth in a tough, compact 37 mini-key instrument.
Find Your Sound Fast
MiniNova comes with 256 killer sounds onboard, space to save another 128 of your own, and an easy-to-use Patch Librarian for storing and loading any number of patches to and from your computer.
Sounds can be searched by style and type, making short work of finding that perfect hip-hop bass or electro lead.
New, free soundpacks for MiniNova are regularly released by Novation, created in collaboration with renowned artists and sound designers including Daniel Fisher, Chuckie and Dino Soldo.
Create Unique Vocals
Not content with blazing a trail as the world's most formidable micro synth, MiniNova has a microphone and vocoder built in, too - and no ordinary vocoder at that. In VocalTune mode, it automatically tunes your voice to the notes played on the keyboard.
The lyrical fireworks don't end there, as you can also run the mic signal through the effects engine. Add reverb, distortion, chorus/phaser, Gator, compression or EQ to produce truly attention-grabbing vox, or recreate iconic vocal lines.
Naturally, MiniNova's sound-sculpting toolbox isn't limited to microphone input: any external instrument can be hooked up and turned into something else altogether using the vocoder - including VocalTune mode - filters and effects.
Animate and Arpeggiate
With MiniNova in Animate mode, pressing one or more of its eight purple backlit buttons kicks in a range of sound variations, bringing even more colour options to each patch and providing a wealth of instant transformations for live performers to raise the roof with. Each button adjusts multiple parameters in real-time under the hood - just the thing for injecting pads with life and movement, and serving up crazy EDM-style bass and lead lines on demand.
Switch to Arpeggiator mode and the same eight buttons are used for pattern programming, enabling you to build a rhythmic dimension directly into your MiniNova patches.
Editing Software Included
The MiniNova is fully and deeply editable directly from the hardware, of course, but for even faster, easier editing and session recall, there's MiniNova Editor: a beautifully designed plug-in for Mac and PC that gives a clear and intuitive visual overview of the synth within your DAW.
Here we have this Novation MiniNova in B-Stock. The B-Stock versions would have been on display at a training evening or trade exhibition only and will come boxed 'as new' with all accessories and a 1-year warranty.
Buy this amazing Novation MiniNova with confidence with 100% satisfaction guaranteed or your money back.
- Make Huge Sounds: Create dirty-fat bass, soaring leads, lush pads and vintage sounds with up to 18 voices and powerful effects.
- Built By a Legend: MiniNova's synth engine was conceived, shaped and refined by British synth legend Chris Huggett and his five decades of passion, experience and expertise.
- Gently Tweak or Instantly Warp: Subtly tweak your sounds with the knobs, or totally warp them with the Animate buttons, and pitch and modulation wheels.
- Create Unique Vocals: Talk or sing into the mic and run your voice through the keyboard and effects engine.
- Find Your Sound Fast: Instantly search through 256 sounds by type or musical genre, and save 128 more sounds of your own.
- Layer Your Effects: Each voice can be processed with up to five effects, including distortion, reverb, chorus, phase, delay, compressor, EQ and Gator.
- Store All Your Sounds: Use the Editor Plug-in and Patch Librarian to fully edit your synth and effects, and store as many sounds as you can fit onto your Mac or PC.
- Take It Anywhere: Tough, compact and bus-powered via USB, so you can easily take it wherever you go.
- Get Free Sounds: Download regular free soundpacks created by eminent artists and sound designers.
- 3 Year Warranty: Effective on purchases from 1st January 2018 and covers 36 months from the date of the original purchase
- Become part of the Sound Collective and get access to incredible offers throughout the year when you register your Novation product at www.novationmusic.com/sound-collective
- Access to the Sound Collective
- 4GB of Loopmaster samples
- Free Melodics lesson
- Novation Bass Station VST and AU plug-in synthesiser
- Novation Automap
- Software AU and VST plugin editor
- Stand-alone patch librarian
What's In The Box:
- Novation MiniNova synthesiser
- Gooseneck microphone
- 1.5m USB cable
- 12V PSU
- Registration card
- User guide
- Getting started guide
- Software download card
- Utility, display and patch select controls:
- 16 character custom LCD
- 1x large detented patch select encoder
- 1x patch sort switch
- 1x volume dial
- 1x detented data encoder
- 5x navigation/utility buttons
- 2x patch navigation buttons
- Pitch wheel (LED lit)
- Modulation wheel (LED lit)
- 37 note keyboard with velocity
- 4x smooth edit/performance pots
- 1x large smooth filter pot
- 1x six position parameter selector switch
- 6x parameter indicator LEDs
- 8x three-colour, back-lit animate/arpeggiator/favourite patch-select buttons
- 2x animate/arpeggiate LED indicators
- 1x back-lit 'hold' button
- 1x animate/arpeggiator/favourite patch toggle switch
- 1x 'favourite' patch select button
- 1x arpeggiator tempo control pot
- 1x arpeggiator tempo indicator LED
- 2x back-lit arpeggiator control encoders
- 2x back-lit octave select buttons
Inputs, Outputs, rear panel:
- XLR dynamic mic input
- 1x 1/4" jack inputs
- 2x 1/4" jack outputs
- 1x 1/4" jack headphone output
- Sustain pedal on 1/4" jack input
- MIDI in/out
- 12 volt power input
- USB/DC/off power switch
- USB port (MiniNova can be powered via USB)
- Kensington security slot
- Up to 18 note polyphony (dynamic voicing)
- 3x oscillators
- 1x noise generator
- 2x ring modulators
- Square, sine, tri, sawtooth, pulse, 9x saw:pulse combinations
- 20x digital waveforms
- 36x wavetables
- 2x filters per patch
- low pass no resonance 6dB per octave
- low pass 12dB
- low pass 18dB
- low pass 24dB
- band pass 6:6
- band pass 6:12
- band pass 12:6
- band pass 6:18
- band pass 18:6
- band pass 12:12
- high pass no resonance 6dB per octave
- high pass 12dB
- high pass 18dB
- high pass 24dB
- 20 modulation slots per patch
- 6x envelope generators
- 3x LFOs
- Aftertouch (Supported in the engine. Note, keyboard does not generate aftertouch)
- Key scaling/track
- Mod wheel
- Expression pedal
Total of 66 Destinations including:
- Oscillator pitch, pulse width, wavetable index, level and sync
- Filter cutoff, resonance, envelope settings
- Effects parameters and send levels
- Recursive modulation (modulating modulation sources themselves)
5 effects slots per patch:
- Distortion - up to 2 instances
- Compressor - up to 2 instances
- Chorus/Phase - up to 4 instances
- Delay - up to 2 instances
- Reverb - up to 2 instances
- 12 band vocoder
- Arpeggiator - 33 patterns
- Realtime Arp rhythm editing function
- Chord function - lock up to 10 notes
- Patch storage - up to 384 on hardware (ships with 256 factory patches)
- Dimensions (H x L x D): 75 x 560 x 250mm / 2.95 x 22.04 x 9.84 in
- Weight (approx.): 3kg
There are currently no reviews for this product.
Be the first the write a review.