Adam Audio A8X Active Studio Monitor
Adam Audio A8X is the most powerful model in the AX range capable of offering 200w RMS. Thanks to this impressive power output and its power radiation characteristics, A8X is suitable for both nearfield and midfield monitoring.
A8X boasts an impressive frequency range which ensures it offers accurate sound reproduction across the whole audio spectrum. The bottom end is catered for by an 8.5" carbon/rohacell/glass fiber midwoofer that provides plenty of deep and very tight bass. Meanwhile the highs are perfectly recreated using Adam Audios own X-ART tweeters which can accurately reproduce exceptionally high frequencies thanks to their unique design and build.
As with the rest of the Adam AX-Series, the upper corners of the A8X are slanted to minimize reflections. The very large, double bass reflex tubes on the front have been specifically designed to perfectly match the midwoofer with its large voice coil.
Clever design and high-quality drivers are nothing without proper amplification and this is why Adam have perfectly matched their onboard amplification to their drivers. Adam Audio A8X monitors features dual-amplification with a separate amplifier for the tweeted and for the midwoofer. The X-ART tweeter is powered by a 50W A/B amplifier and the midwoofer by a 150W PWM amplifier.
The rear control panel of the A8X is well laid out giving you access to the most important controls and connections. Controls include a gain for the high frequencies (± 4dB) and two shelf filters for the high and low frequencies. There are both XLR (balanced) and RCA (unbalanced) connectors on the rear panel of the speaker, which allow the A8X to be used in almost any application.
Adam A8X offers performance at price that is difficult to beat in its' class and, being both a near and mid-field monitor, offers a perfect solution for music professionals who, despite being on a restricted budget, don't want to compromise.
- Quantity: 1
- Basket: 8.5" (220 mm)
- Voice coil: 1.5" (38 mm)
- Cone material: Carbon/Rohacell/Glass Fiber
- Quantity: 1
- Type: X-ART
- Diaphragm area: 4 inch squared (2420 mm squared)
- Equiv. Diaphragm: 2" (56 mm)
- Velocity transform ratio: 4:1
- Diaphragm weight: 0.17 g
- Mid-Woofer: 1
- Type: PWM
- Amp. power RMS / music: 150 W / 225 W
- Tweeter: 1
- Type: A/B
- Amp. power RMS / music: 50 W / 75 W
- Input Sensitivity: - to +14 dB
- High Shelf EQ > 5 kHz: +/-6 dB
- Low Shelf EQ < 300 Hz: +/-6 dB
- Tweeter gain: +/-4 dB
- Input connectors: Analog XLR / RCA
- Frequency response: 38 Hz - 50 kHz
- THD 90dB/1m > 100 Hz: 0.5 %
- Long term output: 112 dB
- Max. peak: 120 dB
- Crossover frequencies: 2300 Hz
- Input impedance : 30 KOhm
- Weight: 28.7 lb (13 kg)
- Magnetically shielded: No
- Height x Width x Depth: 15.5" (400 mm) x 10" (255 mm) x 12.5" (320 mm)
- Includes : Power cord, Manual
- Up to 5 Year Warranty: 2 years plus 3 years upon product registration in the MyADAM user area
There are currently no reviews for this product.
Be the first the write a review.