PreSonus E8 XT Studio Monitor
PreSonus E8 XT Features:
Components and construction
- 8-inch woven composite low-frequency transducer
- 1.25-inch (31.75 mm), ultra-low-mass, silk-dome, high-frequency transducer
- Front-firing acoustic port for superior bass-frequency reproduction
- Optimised, resonance-suppressing internal bracing
- 105 dB maximum continuous SPL
- HF Adjust (±6 dB, continuously variable)
- Midrange Adjust (±6 dB, continuously variable)
- Acoustic Space settings (flat, -2, -4 dB) for accurate mixing contour
- Highpass filter (Off, 80 Hz, 100 Hz)
Power and safety
- 130 watt, Class AB bi-amplification
- RF interference, output current limiting, over-temperature, transient, and subsonic protection
- Amplifier “soft start” feature eliminates popping on power-up
- Internal power supply with IEC connector
- Power switch with on/off LED
Inputs and outputs
- Balanced XLR/¼-inch
- Unbalanced RCA inputs
PreSonus E8 XT Specifications:
- 1- Balanced XLR
- 1- Balanced ¼” TRS
- 1- Unbalanced RCA
- Frequency Response: 35 Hz - 20 kHz
- Crossover Frequency: 2.2 kHz
- LF Amplifier Power: 75W
- HF Amplifier Power: 65W
- Peak SPL (@ 1 meter): 105 dB
- LF Driver: 8” reinforced woofer
- HF Driver: 1.25” silk dome tweeter
- Input Impedance: 10 kOhms
- Dispersion: 100 degrees horizontal by 60 degrees vertical
- Volume Range: A-type taper
- MF Control: -6, 0, +6 dB
- HF Control: -6, 0, +6 dB
- Low Cut: Flat, 80 Hz, 100 Hz
- Acoustic Space: Flat, -2 dB, or -4 dB
- RF interference
- Output-current limiting
- Turn-on/off transient
- Subsonic filter
- External mains fuse
- 100-120V ~50/60 Hz or 220-240V ~50/60 Hz
- Vinyl-laminated, medium-density fibreboard
- Width 9.75” (247.65 mm)
- Depth 11.5” (292.1 mm)
- Height 16” (406.4 mm)
- Weight 23 lbs (10.43 kg)
Look what just got better! The PreSonus E8 XT Studio Monitor features EMB waveguide for high-frequency response and wider dispersion to create a broader sweet spot, plus Acoustic Tuning so you can tailor your monitors to suit the room, whether your in a bedroom studio or professional studio you will always get top quality sound.
Studio speakers with a wide sweet spot.
We outfitted Eris XT studio monitors with a new EBM (Elliptical Boundary Modelled) waveguide designed by none other than Hugh Sarvis of WorxAudio, the mind behind our award-winning CDL loudspeakers and lauded R-series monitors. The result? A superior high-frequency response and wider 100-degree horizontal dispersion to create a broader sweet spot - ideal for group listening and collaboration. Narrow vertical dispersion reduces reflections from your desk. Silk-dome tweeters ensure snappy, accurate transient reproduction.
Lows that go lower.
The familiar woven composite low-frequency driver offers Eris' signature tight, clear bass, plenty of punch, and no flab. Eris E8 XT studio monitors sport a ported enclosure that is larger than that of their predecessors, allowing them to reach down to an astonishing 35 Hz. That's 10 Hz below previous models—with no subwoofer!
Set up your studio monitors for your room.
Modern recording studios can be anywhere from a spare bedroom to a multi-million dollar facility. That's why every studio monitor we make is equipped with controls that ensure the flattest response in your mix environment. Acoustic tuning controls allow you to configure the Eris E8 XT perfectly for your room: You get Low-cut, Mid, and High controls, as well as 3-way Acoustic Space tuning that allows you to easily compensate for the sonic consequences of speaker placement against a wall or in a corner.